Murton Farm, Tea Room and Nature Reserve is a popular visitor attraction in beautiful Angus located just outside Forfar.
Our farm and tearoom are open Wednesday to Sunday 10am to 4pm. Our tearoom does not taking bookings and there is no requirement to book a farm visit. If you are visiting the nature reserve, the car park is open 7 days. (Gates will be closed at 4.30pm daily)
Supporting us, so we can support the whole community.
As an organisation, we are trying hard to support our community during this difficult year, by offering our site for free. This year has seen restrictions which has challenged our mental and physical wellbeing. Our site provides outdoor spaces for all ages and we feel the most important thing for everyone is to be able to access this space with no financial barrier.
We have an abundance of safe, open space and fresh air for all to enjoy but we do still need your support to maintain our wonderful site. We are asking you to support us by donating what you can, when you visit. Our donation boxes can be found across our site and at our events. All donations made are greatly appreciated and every penny goes towards, running our educational programmes, the continued care of animals and year-round maintenance of our entire site.
Additional ways in which you can support us:
- You can pledge a single donation here.
- Enjoying something delicious from our tearoom (yes, all profits from our tearoom go towards our site upkeep).
- Booking on to one of our events.
- Sponsoring or adopting one of our animals, buying a gift voucher for our tearoom or even a farm pass for when the farm entry fees are reinstated.
- Become a “Friend of Murton”, which comes with its own tearoom treats.
- Buying wooden goods, many of which are made by our students. Or why not purchase a flat pack and take it home for a rainy day task with the kids.
- If you shop on Amazon, you can use Amazon Smile. Everything stays the same for you, but Amazon donates to us every time you shop.
- Did you know we have a wish list? If you think you could support us but would like your money to go to something specific, look at our wish list, we love a surprise! (We use Amazon to create our wish list but if you would like to purchase something similar elsewhere, we really don’t mind.)
Events & Tipi Hire – Events starting Wednesday 22nd July
We have a busy schedule of events on our site over the coming weeks. Visit our Events Page Facebook page for more information.
Volunteering and Placements – Available Now
We are now able to welcome back our volunteers and placements. If you are aged 14 and over and would like to find out more, please do get in touch.
Please note that due to the fact that we have animals and wildlife on site, no dogs are permitted on Murton Trust grounds at any time, except for assistance dogs. Thank you for your understanding.