***** Farm and Tearoom remain closed until the week of 26/4/21.
The car park and nature reserve has re-opened as of 27/2/21 however there are additional signs and visitors are asked to follow these as some paths remain closed due to flooding. We are open 7 days 9am to 2pm.
Please note that there will be NO toilets or handwash facilities available during this time.*****
Murton Farm, Tea Room and Nature Reserve is a popular visitor attraction in beautiful Angus located just outside Forfar.
Supporting us, so we can support the whole community.
As an organisation, we are trying hard to support our community during this difficult year, by offering our site for free. This year has seen restrictions which has challenged our mental and physical wellbeing. Our site provides outdoor spaces for all ages and we feel the most important thing for everyone is to be able to access this space with no financial barrier.
We have an abundance of safe, open space and fresh air for all to enjoy but we do still need your support to maintain our wonderful site. We are asking you to support us by donating what you can, when you visit. Our donation boxes can be found across our site and at our events. All donations made are greatly appreciated and every penny goes towards, running our educational programmes, the continued care of animals and year-round maintenance of our entire site.
Additional ways in which you can support us:
- You can pledge a single donation here.
- Enjoying something delicious from our tearoom (yes, all profits from our tearoom go towards our site upkeep).
- Booking on to one of our events.
- Sponsoring or adopting one of our animals, buying a gift voucher for our tearoom or even a farm pass for when the farm entry fees are reinstated.
- Become a “Friend of Murton”, which comes with its own tearoom treats.
- Buying wooden goods, many of which are made by our students. Or why not purchase a flat pack and take it home for a rainy day task with the kids.
- If you shop on Amazon, you can use Amazon Smile. Everything stays the same for you, but Amazon donates to us every time you shop.
- Did you know we have a wish list? If you think you could support us but would like your money to go to something specific, look at our wish list, we love a surprise! (We use Amazon to create our wish list but if you would like to purchase something similar elsewhere, we really don’t mind.)
Events & Tipi Hire – We offer a wide selection of events and hire opportunities.
We cannot offer events and activities while current restrictions are in place. Please check back to our Events Page or Facebook page for new listings once restrictions are lifted.
Volunteering and Placements
Our volunteer and placement programmes are once again on hold until restrictions are lifted. If you are aged 14 and over, please do still get in touch and we can send you more information.
Please note that due to the fact that we have animals and wildlife on site, no dogs are permitted on Murton Trust grounds at any time, except for assistance dogs. Thank you for your understanding.