Murton Trust will hold their Annual General Meeting on the Thursday 16th January. It will be held in the classroom at the Steading at 10am.
Festive Willow Workshop at Murton!
Learn the techniques to make a willow tree, a fun addition to the Christmas table, and willow stars and deer to decorate your home.
There will also be the opportunity to learn which materials can be harvested from local hedgerows to add a splash of colour and texture in this all-festive themed workshop!
Limited spaces. Booking essential.
Email email@example.com or direct message Rachel on Facebook to book.
We are delighted that Business Gateway Tayside, Dundee and Angus Chamber of Commerce and Angus Council chose our tearoom as one of their host venues as part of their Angus Rural Roadshow! Come along to get business support, advice and information. It also an opportunity to network and find out about other local businesses, events and training.
Drop in on to our Tearoom Wednesday 13 November – 10.00am to 4.30pm
A massive thanks to the staff at Tesco Forfar branch for their kind donation of buckets, spades and sandpit toys. Our outdoor tots group and farm visitors will have hours of fun playing with these in our 2 giant sandpits!
Murton is delighted to provide yet another opportunity together with Community Jobs Scotland.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our Tearoom staff. Working as part of the dedicated team, you will be providing customers with an experience that leaves them wanting to visit again.
For full details of this fantastic opportunity, please follow the link below.
– Farm and Tearoom temporary closure. Nature Reserve open –
Due to a burst water main we will be partially closed until approx 11.30am today Friday 2nd August.
Our tearoom can serve ice lollies, cold drinks and cakes as takeaway only, unfortunately we can not open the farm due to no hand washing facilities.
The nature reserve is looking beautiful and remains open and is free to walk round. We will re-open as soon as the repair has been made.
We are delighted to announce that we raised £1626.48 at Kids Fest 2019. This has been split equally between Tay FM Cash for Kids SC041421 and Murton Trust for Education and the Environment SC031554.
Massive thanks to everyone who came out and supported this event. The to all the local businesses who pledged their time and resources to entertain all our visitors on the day. Thanks to
- Gill author of Leo and the Lightning Dragons for running magical storytelling and craft sessions.
- Angus Cycle Hub for lending us their super smoothie bike and running their crazy bike sessions.
- Briana from Tinytalk Angus and the Mearns for running baby and toddler sign language taster sessions.
- Louisa from The Creation Station Forfar who brought along play-dough and lots of fun arts and craft materials for the children to get creative,
- Adam from Mini Professors Science Classes Dundee who did lots of fascinating science experiments.
- Tay FM Cash for Kids Fundraising team for assisting in planning the event and running the tombola on the day.
- Murton volunteers and trustees for assisting in planning the event, looking after the welcome desk, running the scavenger hunt and providing resources.
- The Angus Firefighters Scottish Fire and Rescue Service
- Louise and family from Newton Farm Holidays for bringing along their super cute and cuddly Alpacas.
- DD8 for entertaining all the visitors with lovely live music!
- The team at Hooray Soft Play for bringing their soft play equipment for the kids to play on!
- Sarah from Ragged House for running mini rag working sessions where children could make rag flowers and key rings.
- The team at Big Fish Little Fish for providing music for people to dance to and enjoy on the day!
Be sure to join us on next year on Sunday 10th May for Kids Fest 2020!
Kids Fest weekend is here!
Sunday 12th May 10am – 4pm.
Join us for a fun filled family day with storytelling Leo and the Lightning Dragons facepainting Castle Horror, smoothie making & crazy bikes Angus Cycle Hub , craft activities The Creation Station Forfar , mini science experiments Mini Professors Science Classes Dundee, scavenger hunt, find the golden duck, messy play with Mucky Ducklings messy play , meet the Newton Farm Alpacas Newton Farm Holidays , meet the Angus Firefighters Scottish Fire and Rescue Service 🚒, live music from DD8 Music ,softplay Hooray Soft Play Angus And Dundee, baby sign language sessions by TinyTalk Angus and The Mearns , art session with Jennifer Cameron from The Art Hub Friockheim & lots more!
This event is a joint fundraiser for Murton Trust for Education and the Environment and Tay Fm Cash for Kids
We are delighted to announce our newly extended and refurbished tearoom is now open. We also have exciting new additions to our menu for you to enjoy in our bigger, brighter tearoom. Along with the farm, it is now open 7 days a week over the summer. We hope to see you soon!
Join us for a fun walk around our nature reserve before enjoying a complimentary hot drink. The tearoom with also be open, serving cakes and tray bakes. Suitable for all ages. Remember a torch and dress appropriately for the weather.
£4.50 per person – Booking required.