***** Farm and Tearoom remain closed until week beginning 26/4/21.
The car park and nature reserve have now re-opened however there are additional signs and visitors are asked to follow these as some paths remain closed due to flooding.
Please note that there will be NO toilets or handwash facilities available during this time.*****
Murton Tea Room is the ideal place for you to take time out to relax or to meet a friend for coffee or lunch. If you don’t have time to sit down and enjoy our beautiful surroundings then we offer a tasty take-away menu.
We serve a delicious range of home cooking and baking, including scrumptious soups and daily specials. Our renowned fresh scones are made every morning. We pride ourselves in using as much locally sourced and seasonal produce in our dishes as we can and our menu will change regularly to reflect this.
The tea room is situated at the edge of the farm, with a lovely view across the pond. At the front, overlooking the farm, we have a large decked area where you can enjoy your meal al-fresco.
We are sure you will love our tea room with a view.
The tea room also has a display and sales area which showcases the range of items that are produced by the young people taking part in our vocational training programmes and by students at the local schools. These include bird boxes and tea-light holders which are beautifully made and come with a lifetime guarantee. We also sell delightful and unique children’s toys and gifts.
When visiting the farm with a group we can offer a variety of snacks and lunches to suit your visit. Please visit our group booking page for more details.
Our ever growing site has a number of facilities to help you enjoy your day.
- We have ample free parking at Murton. The car park is situated next to the Tearoom with the farm and reserve on either side.
- Disabled Parking
- Toilets including 4 outdoor access toilets and disabled facilities
- Nappy changing. We also carry a small supply of nappies and wipes
- Free WiFi within our Tearoom
- Our Tearoom and decking area is wheelchair accessible
- The Reserve boasts seating areas and shelters are regular intervals around the path network.
- Three bird hides located on the Reserve
- Picnic area directly outside the Tearoom
- Multi-purpose building (Rural Skills Centre) as a venue hire
- Classroom/Activities Room as a hire venue
- Tipi, outdoor shelter and fire pit as a hire venue